What is on offer?
The STFC CERN Business incubation Centre offers extensive support to entrepreneurs aiming to take high energy technologies from an initial innovative concept to market.
The BIC focuses on developing new products and services using technology originally developed for use in high energy physics research. It combines the incubation experience of STFC with the unique opportunity to access STFC and CERN intellectual property (IP), technologies and expertise. The centre will help businesses to grow from technical concept to market reality, from small start-ups into thriving high-tech companies.
What is the package?
The BIC provides an ideal package of both funding and business support to accelerate innovative business concepts, including:
- £40,000 of total funding for use on intellectual property protection, design, prototyping, market studies etc
- Access up to 40 hours of CERN and 40 hours of STFC scientists and technical expertise
- Use of CERN intellectual property at favourable conditions
- Access to collaboration and networking opportunities at Sci-Tech Daresbury, Harwell Campus and the Royal Observatory, Edinburgh and through the STFC and CERN networks
- Wider access to potential sources of financial support through STFC's links with venture capitalists and funding bodies
How to apply?
Details of the application process are available here.